My Fundraising Progress

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Thursday

It's Thursday, which means it's a medium run day (6 miles that turned into 7 - funny how that always seems to happen!). I love these runs, as they are supposed to be simply an aerobic run (so no hard stuff!), and it's a very easy distance. I'm up and out by 6:00am and I head around Mystic Lake, which is always gorgeous to run around. There are some folks out running (and of course we exchange the Runner's Nod, which roughly translated, means: "Morning dude. Keep up the good work!"), some out biking ("Ride on!"), and some early birds heading out to work ("Sucks to be you. But please don't pull out as I run in front of you - it's not my fault...").

It's these runs that make me believe everyone should love running. I totally understand why everyone won't jump at the chance to run a marathon - it is a bit crazy, after all. But there simply is nothing better than an easy run on a crisp, clear morning. Watching the sun come up over Mystic Lake while most of the inhabitants of the houses that surround it are still asleep? That's simply priceless.

It's Thursday, which means I ran this morning. And therefore, life is good.

No comments: