My Fundraising Progress

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fundraising Angel

I have a fundraising angel! He came to me over the holidays when I was home visiting my family. I received an email from someone I didn't immediately recognize, simply titled: Boston. I almost deleted it without reading, as I thought it was spam! Thank goodness I didn't. After a brief introduction, I read the following line:
I will match any contributions you collect up to $6,000 and you are free to make this known if it will help your effort.
Did I actually read that correctly? He's going to MATCH ALL OF MY CONTRIBUTIONS UP TO $6K? No, that can't be right. I read it wrong. Let's try that again:
I will match any contributions you collect up to $6,000 and you are free to make this known if it will help your effort.
Holy smokes, it's for real! This is Reagan's Great Uncle (a serious athlete himself), and he is, in fact, The Real Deal.

Uncle George, my Fundraising Angel!

While I've got the Adopt-A-Mile program going for folks to sponsor specific miles along the marathon route (I'll be thinking of you during "your" mile), Uncle George will be thought about for the duration of the race, as well as Reagan and Lauren, my wonder girls who are providing the inspiration for doing this in the first place.

So, what do you say, everyone? Let's get to that $12k mark, thanks to my Fundraising Angel!

No comments: